Saturday 13 August 2016

Space Ibiza review by Paul Christian

What can you say about Space in Ibiza?
Many adjectives wouldn't come close to describing a giant of the global dance scene.
It is certainly one of the greatest clubs I've ever seen.


Bizarrely, after more visits to the White Isle than I can accurately count, this was my first visit.
I have been to the club of the same name in Miami and the multi-roomed and uber cool vibe is similar, but Ibiza's stellar nightspot has a sense of the regal about it.


I visited for We Love Sundays, which featured fantastic sets by Annie Mac, Derrick Carter and others.
This is the last season for Space and, as I gazed at the perfect layout and airy, otherworldly cavernous club I wondered 'where have you been all my life?'.
Quite simply it's a beast of a venue and at 27 years' old it seems classier and more real than its nouveau riche neighbours.
The Terraza was dark, bleepy and minimal with a heads- down feel, but an amazing atmosphere.
Whereas the main room of the Playa den Bossa powerhouse was big in dimensions and vibe, with techno, minimal and house booming out of the sound system.
The huge ice cannons were a welcome relief from the heat of the dance floor as hands inevitably shot skyward.


The crowd lapped it up, as did I, as I drank it in on my last night in Ibiza.
If you get the chance go to Space this year - you'll regret it if you don't.


No comments:

Post a Comment